Product launches are undoubtedly an exciting time for an eCommerce business, but preparing for one can be a lot of work. From creating the right content, choosing the right marketing channels, to building your catalog of eCommerce product photography, the work is cut out for you and your team.
Creating an impeccable set of product images is absolutely essential for a fashion product launch. This is especially true in today’s eCommerce marketplace where 75% of online shoppers consider product images to be ‘very influential’ while shopping. What’s more, 22% of shoppers return the products they purchase online if they do not match the displayed product images.
Needless to say, exhibiting high-quality images on your website and all your social media profiles is a must to have a successful product launch. While this may seem like an extra step, it will take your product launch to the next level, while building brand awareness and consumer trust for your brand in the long run.
Choosing Professional Product Photography for Your Product Launch
In addition to boosting your brand and authority with high-quality product images, professional product photography can help your online fashion business in more ways than one –
1. eCommerce product photography can make your products look more appealing by focusing on the intricate details, accurate colors, textures, and patterns in your product images.
2. Professional product photos can help you create a strong branding identity for your business. This can make your products stand out from the competition and build customer loyalty.
3. Professional product photography can help you sell not just a product, but a lifestyle. Beautiful execution of contextual or lifestyle product imagery has an unmatched effect on shoppers and can be the breath of fresh air among the standard white background product shots.
4. Professional product photos facilitate marketing and advertising across channels during your product launch phase. Making it easy for your website visitors and consumers to share product images with their networks can be an effective strategy for expanding your online reach organically.
Preparing Your Product for Professional Photos
If you’re launching a new fashion line, it’s important to make sure your products are photographed professionally with impeccable execution. Product photography can make or break your product launch, so it’s important to take the time to prepare your products for the best results.
Here are a few tips on how to prepare your fashion product for professional product photography:
1. Make sure your product is clean and free of any imperfections. This may seem like a no-brainer, but it’s important to make sure your product is in pristine condition before photography begins. Any dirt, stains, wrinkles, or imperfections will show up (and stick out like a sore thumb) in the final photos, so it’s best to start with a clean slate.
2. Choose the right model(s) for your product. If you’re selling clothing, you’ll want to choose models that fit well in the garments and elevate the product. It’s also important to consider the demographics of your target market when choosing models – you’ll want to ensure that the people who will be seeing the photos can relate to the models in them. Prioritizing diversity and inclusion in your eCommerce product photography will help you connect with your audience better and build trust with your customers in the long run.
3. Consider the environment in which you’ll be taking the photos. The background and setting of your photos can have a big impact on how your product is perceived. While white backgrounds are great and often preferred for eCommerce product photography, you may want to consider having a mix of white background, contextual, and creative shots for your product launch.
Preparing Your Product Images to Convert Well in Various Sales Channels
Your product imagery is going to be used on multiple channels and platforms, and it is crucial that you leave no stone unturned to display your products in the best light. After all, potential customers will most likely make their purchasing decisions based on the product photos they see. Compelling product imagery can serve as the modern-day word-of-mouth for your fashion brand and boost conversions across channels.
There are a few things you can do to make sure your product photos are as effective as possible. First, pay attention to the background of your photos. A busy or cluttered background can distract from the product itself, so it’s best to keep things simple. Second, use good lighting to make sure the product is well-lit and easy to see. Third, focus on the details; potential customers will want to see close-ups of any special features your product might have.
Getting these photography basics right will help you create great product photos that will convert well in any sales channel.
Choosing the Right Lighting for Your ECommerce Product Photography
Lighting is the heart and soul of product photography, and creating the perfect catalog for your product launch will require you to choose the right lighting for the photo shoot. Different types of lighting can create different effects, so it’s important to choose the right type of lighting for your specific needs.
Natural light is always a good choice for fashion photography, as it can create a soft and flattering effect. If you’re shooting outdoors, try to avoid direct sunlight, as this can create harsh shadows. Instead, shoot in the early morning or late afternoon, when the light is softer and not direct.
In case you are shooting indoors, using appropriate artificial lighting is fundamental to getting perfectly-lit shots. There are a bunch of options to choose from when working with indoor or studio lighting. One popular option is using strobe lights, which can create a bright and airy look. Another option is to use continuous lighting, which is less intense but can still give your photos a bright and professional look.
Creating a Complete Image with Multiple Angles, Closeups, and More…
For your next fashion product launch, consider creating a complete image with multiple angles, closeups, and group shots. This will give potential customers a better sense of the product and your brand, and help them in their purchasing decision.
Whether you plan to shoot outdoors or in a studio, make sure to take plenty of images from different angles. Capturing different details like buttons, weaves, patterns, prints, and other accents will ensure your website visitors have a detailed look at your product and help them solidify their buying decision. Close-ups can be a beautiful addition to any product photography, and your customers will appreciate your attention to detail.
Once you have a good selection of photos, it is important to go through the post-production process to make them eCommerce-ready. A large part of image creation is post-production when the raw images are edited and enhanced for perfection. The post-production process can be time-consuming, but it is well worth the effort.
With great product photos, you’ll be able to show off your fashion products in the best light possible and make more sales.
Finally, Optimizing Images for Social Media
A cohesive social media strategy is key to any fashion product launch. By using a strategic color palette, theme, and materials across all platforms, you can successfully create an intentional and consistent aesthetic for your new collection that will instantly capture your customers’ attention.
When it comes to professional product photography, there are a few things to keep in mind in order to make sure your images are optimized for social media. First, think about the composition of the image and how it will look when it’s cropped for each platform. For example, Instagram photos are typically square, so an image that is horizontal may not work as well.
Second, consider the filters and editing techniques you use – each platform has its own unique aesthetic and style, so you’ll want to make sure your images fit with that. And finally, pay attention to the hashtags you use – these can be a great way to reach new audiences and get your products noticed.
By following these tips, you can create cohesive and engaging product photos that will impactfully support your fashion product launch on social media.
Bottom Line – Professional Product Photography Can Make or Break Your Product Launch
Stunning eCommerce product imagery is fundamental for any successful product launch, especially in the digital fashion marketplace. With thousands of products to choose from, your audience should have it easy when it comes to making their decision of whether or not to buy your product. With the right product photography, you can make their life easy while winning their trust so that they come back to your online store for more.
Modern fashion photography services and studios are helping eCommerce brands effectively prepare for their product launches with state-of-the-art product imagery that is both timely and cost-effective. AI-enabled platforms like FlixStudio offer unmatched AI-driven on-model product imagery at one-fourth the cost of traditional photoshoots and at turnaround times as low as 48 hours.